Path 2 Peace Film Festival
When: 10 February 2017
Where: Payap University Mae Khao campus, Chiang Mai, Thailand (location map)
The Institute for Religion, Culture and Peace (IRCP) and Payap University will be hosting the Path 2 Peace International Film Festival in January 2017 and are currently open to submission of entries.
“The Path 2 Peace Film Festival aims to expose the stories of persons or environments in conflict and how they navigate the world around them to be in peace evoking change.”
The Path 2 Peace Film Festival is not strictly a documentary film festival, nor is it a commercial venue for fledgling film makers. It will screen contemporary films – documentary, docu-drama, animation, or dramatic – and showcase thoughtful work with a social conscience.
The overall format of the project is to screen films with an opportunity for post-discussion. Directors and film-makers will be invited to speak and answer questions after their film.
The two main categories will be films of less than 15 minutes and films between 15 and 60 minutes. Prizes will be awarded for the winner, each category judged by an international jury of film enthusiasts.
Film Festival Objectives
- To use film and cinematic art as a medium to explore peace building in the world through many lenses.
- To raise awareness of social justice issues and explore means of attaining peace and justice through non-violence as a practical approach to conflict resolution.
- To celebrate filmmakers who insert meaningful and necessary social commentary into their work; thus, successfully merging cinematic aesthetic and social conscience in peace building.
- To fellowship with people who engage in peace building dialogue and efforts worldwide and seek to find creative means of visibility and education in their communities through film.
Path 2 Peace Themes
At the Institute for Religion, Culture and Peace (IRCP) we are interested in peace building. The avenues in which peace builders seek conflict resolution are varied and we do not want to limit creativity.
In general, the themes which the project will look at include (but are not limited to):
If you would like to donate to the Path 2 Peace Film Festival, please follow the instructions below.
- Online Paypal transaction (includes credit card payment)
Click PayPal.Me/path2peace for more instructions
- Bank transfer (to the IRCP account in Thailand)
For those in Thailand and SE Asia, you can transfer directly to Bangkok Bank, account #531-046680-9 (The name on the account is Friends of ISRC)
– Make sure you add your name in the memo
– Email a copy (or snapshot) of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your details in the email.
For more information about the Path 2 Peace Film Festival view the following links:
If you would like to get involved, please email Kristin Wolf at email@example.com