Institute of Religion, Culture & Peace
The Institute of Religion, Culture and Peace is located at Payap University in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It supports the PhD in Peace Studies program as well as regular events geared toward reaching understanding across cultural and religious lines through interfaith transformational dialogue. The list below has information about upcoming events that we will be hosting.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date with our events and programs.
- September 21, 2016 – International Peace Day Celebration
- September 27, 2016 – Payap Presents: Human Trafficking – Faith and Culture – Lecture
- September 28, 2016 – Payap Presents: Human Trafficking – Faith and Culture – Activity
- January 6-8, 2017 – Path to Peace International Film Festival
▸ Latest News
- International Day of Peace 2016 - International Day of Peace 2016 Sept. 21, 2016 The IRCP is hosting 2 events: 1. Peacebuilding workshop from 1-5pm 2. Peace Day Concert from 6-8:30pm Location: TBA contact firstname.lastname@example.org Peacebuilding Workshop: This workshop will explore the roots of the UN’s International Peace Day and the significance of this day for our world today. The workshop Continue reading
- Southeast Asian Studies August 2016 - Southeast Asian Studies August 2016 Dr. Joe Manickam, Director of the Institute of Religion, Culture, and Peace, welcomed Professor Liew from Honghe University in China with 26 students and Professor Tam Mito from Kwansei Gakuin University in Japan with 12 students. These groups came as participants in the Thai and Southeast Asian Studies Program.For more Continue reading
- Human Security and Peacebuilding workshop - Human Security and Peacebuilding workshop August 22, 2016 with Jon Rudy There are different approaches to security, be it at a community or national level. In the lectures and workshops Jon Rudy will facilitate we will explore how government, the security sector and civilians play a part in ensuring security for all. Human security has Continue reading
- P2P – Path to Peace Film Festival Coming Soon! - The Path 2 Peace International Film Festival is coming this next January. The submission deadline for films is 25 October 2016. The festival will highlight films from the last couple of years that focus on seeking peace and mutual understanding. Click the link/banner above to learn the dates, location, and the process for submitting your film!
- Payap Presents Dr. Tony Waters on Bureaucratizing the Good Samaritan - On April 26th, Dr. Tony Waters shared from his book Bureaucratizing the Good Samaritan, recounting time spent working in refugee camps in Thailand as refugees flooded the borders from Cambodia and Vietnam, as well as time spent in Tanzania as refugees fled the violence erupting in Rwanda and Burundi. It was a great discussion about how governments and organizations respond Continue reading